Asset Tagging in Kenya
Asset tagging is a way to label your inventory so you can keep track of what's where and make sure nothing gets lost. It is done using aluminum asset tags or polyester asset tags. Swemi Tech offers fixed Asset tagging services in Kenya that will help you manage commercial assets by identifying and compiling your physical assets' data. We are located in Nairobi, Kenya but can deliver the service country-wide
Barcode Asset Tag
QR Code Asset Tag
Fixed Asset Tagging Services
Notably, several firms have established themselves as providers of asset tags in Kenya, with Swemi Tech Asset Tagging Service at the forefront in delivering high-end products and services at affordable prices. We are an asset tagging service in Kenya, providing different tagging products and services for businesses with movable and fixed assets. We not only serve customers who need asset tagging services in Nairobi, Kenya but also all over the country.
Why Do Companies Need Fixed Asset Tagging Services?
●Security and recovery. Fixed asset tagging in Kenya increases the security of your assets through real-time monitoring as well as facilitates the recovery of lost or stolen assets.
● Accuracy. Fixed asset tagging in Kenya uses advanced digital tools that scan a tag and update the status of your asset in an automated inventory control system eliminating the need for manual data collection.
● Planning and budgeting. Adopting an asset tagging service will help your business acquire real-time information regarding your assets, and hence you will be in a position to plan and budget for new assets.
● Record employee responsibility. Asset tracking will help your company to track employees’ accountability with allocated assets, maximizing performance and efficiency in the long run.
● Save time and money. Since company assets tend to be moveable and distributed in multiple locations, asset tagging services will ensure you save on resources by quickly identifying assets in real-time, taking inventory, and conducting audit processes.
● Accurate overview of corporate assets. Fixed asset tagging in Kenya captures a broad array of your assets’ dynamics and compiles them into a unified database for easy access.
How Much Does Asset Tagging Cost?
Check out our asset tagging prices from the table below
|Description||20-100 Tags||101-1000 Tags||More than 1000 Tags|
|Aluminum Asset Tags||Ksh 70 Per Tag||Ksh 50 Per Tag||Ksh 40 Per Tag|
|Polyester Asset Tags||Ksh 70 Per Tag||Ksh 50 Per Tag||Ksh 40 Per Tag|
|Tagging & Register Development||Ksh 50 Per Tag|
|Asset Management Software||Ksh 120,000|
The Products We Offer
We offer a wide variety of asset tagging solutions. Take a look at what may work for you.
An asset tag is a unique label appended on equipment to aid tracking, inventory taking, and accountability follow-up. Among the different types of asset tags in Kenya, Swemi Tech offers two of the most versatile and durable asset tags:
Anodized Aluminium asset tags. These metallic asset tags are made from aluminum, making them the most durable due to their ability to resist extreme conditions. These are the most common asset tags in Kenya.
Polyester asset tags. Polyester or laminated type of asset tags are graphic images printed underneath transparent polyester material and bound with a substrate; hence, they are best for less harsh conditions.
Notably, there are critical components of our asset tags in Kenya:
Company name. This is essential as it will append an asset to your company to help know where the item belongs.
Company logo. Including a logo will help to quickly identify your company’s internal and external assets at a glance without going into the details.
- Barcode/QR code. Barcodes and QR codes are unique codes that help identify your asset identification upon scanning. In short, these codes store all your asset details.
4. Serial Number. These will ensure that asset tags are arranged and printed using a numerical sequence to ensure you maintain order in your business.
5. Sticking agent. This is the adhesive used to attach a tag to an asset. Swemi Tech mainly uses two sticking agents: acetone-activated and self-sticking sticking agents. The acetone-activated adhesive is a permanent sticking agent primarily used on metallic asset tags. In contrast, self-sticking asset tags are peel-and-stick forms of glue that are not permanent. These are the removable asset labels.
Below are the steps on how to use the two sticking agents to tag assets:
i. Peel the paper behind the asset tags.
ii. To activate acetone-activated asset tags, apply acetone to the adhesive.
iii. Press the tag on a clean asset surface.
iv. For self-sticking asset tags, stick the peeled part on a dust-free surface of an asset.
v. Record the asset’s data and move to the next property.
A barcode code scanner is an optical scanning gadget that can read information stored in a series of pixels. Our barcode readers ensure you can read the codes printed on asset tags by scanning with smartphones or tablets. As the best asset tagging service in Kenya, we have guaranteed that our scanners are also available as cordless or corded and can connect to Android or iOS devices. We also have USB barcode scanners if you do not want wireless ones. We also have QR code readers in stock.
Fixed Asset Management Software
A fixed asset management software is a database that helps you track and monitor internal and external assets throughout the company’s entire lifecycle. It plays a critical role in fixed asset tagging as it compiles extensive data about your assets for efficient real-time tracking and long-term monitoring. It is a good solution to manage asset movement in the company. It is essential to have an asset management system if you have decided to tag your assets. It makes it easy for the barcode scanners to read your asset tags.
Services our asset tagging company offers
Our target industries for asset tagging services in Kenya
● Healthcare. Our fixed asset tagging service in Kenya will help you improve patient care and support by aiding in tracking and accessing medical equipment in good time.
● Education. Our products and services will maximize the utilization of your school equipment by tracking usage and ensuring they are always in good working condition.
● Government. We make asset tags for government entities to help you manage activities like maintaining a database of all public assets, monitoring office equipment, maintenance reminders, and future planning.
● Hospitality. We provide the best asset tags in Kenya to help you secure valuable items by curbing possible theft or misplacement of shared assets.
● Manufacturing. We help you accurately manage inventory and reduce labor costs through real-time employee performance monitoring.
● Construction. Asset tagging will track your movable and fixed assets used on a construction site, including moving materials from different manufacturers and suppliers.
Benefits of fixed asset tagging service in Kenya
● Tracking and monitoring. Swemi Tech will help you streamline business operations by tracking and monitoring physical assets in real time.
● Transparency. Our asset tagging service will promote transparency in your company through accurate inventory tracking and data compilation in a unified database.
● Maintenance management. We record your maintenance requirements by tracking item usage, history, and prospective maintenance dates.
● Cost saving and control stock loss. Swemi Tech will help you save on costs by reducing resources used in manual tracking and controlling stock loss by eliminating potential theft or misplacement.
● Generating regulatory compliance. We will help you quickly identify threats and develop strategies that resonate with the expected industry regulations.
Why you should purchase from our asset tagging company
Here is why you should have Swemi Tech as your asset tagging services provider
What is asset tagging and verification?
Asset tagging is placing a physical tag on an asset, usually in the form of a barcode or RFID tag. This tag contains information about the asset, such as its serial number, make, and model. Asset tags are used for various purposes, such as inventory control, tracking assets during shipping and storage, and asset identification in the case of theft or loss. Verification is the process of confirming that an asset tag contains accurate information. This typically involves scanning the tag and comparing the data to a master record. Verification can be done manually or automatically using barcode scanners or RFID readers. Asset tagging and verification are essential tools for managing physical assets. Asset tracking labels help organizations keep track of their inventory, ensure that assets are appropriately accounted for, and prevent theft and loss.
Will asset tagging help in business growth?
Asset tagging helps businesses grow in several ways. First, it helps minimize losses by making tracking and recovering lost or stolen assets easy. Second, it helps businesses keep track of their inventory, so they can quickly know when an item needs to be replaced or repaired. Finally, asset tagging can also help companies to save money by improving the efficiency of their operations. Businesses can avoid costly downtime and wasted resources by knowing exactly where their assets are located and who is responsible for them. As a result, asset tagging is an essential tool for any business that wants to grow and prosper.
Which assets require tagging?
Assets that require tagging are mainly those with a high chance of theft, getting lost, or being mishandled. Some of the items we recommend for tagging include:
Furniture and fixtures
Machinery and equipment
Company vehicles, including vans, trucks, and cars
Indoor assets like printers, computers, or other portable electronics
Office appliances such as air conditioners, refrigerators, and water dispenser
Frequently Asked Questions
An asset tag is a unique label appended on equipment to aid tracking, inventory taking, and accountability follow-up. Our two types of asset tags include anodized aluminum asset tags and polyester asset tags.
The critical difference between barcodes and QR codes is their appearance. A barcode displays information horizontally, while QR codes present horizontally and vertically.
Fixing an asset tag involves pressing its adhesive side on the item intended for monitoring. Nevertheless, different asset tags will require specific preparations before affixing to an asset. There are self-adhesive asset tags and those that are acetone-activated.
We strive to ensure that our customers receive the help they need within the agreed timeframe depending on our client’s type of service and the number of assets.
An asset register development compiles a detailed report containing the assets’ data collected during the asset tagging process. We develop an asset register for our clients based on the data captured from each asset, and the process goes hand-in-hand with asset tagging.
We are located in Nairobi, Kenya, but we also offer our services all over the country.